Well the wait it over. DayZ Standalone is finally available, albeit still in the Alpha stage. So far, over two million people played the award winning Mod by Dean Hall for the military simulator ArmA2.
The standalone version of the game promises many improvements to the mod, most notably improved animation sequences, and a more robust server architecture. Players will now be able to a more in-depth crafting system to upgrade weapons and clothing. The complex inventory system fromARMA 2 has been replaced with a more streamlined menu and inventory bar system.
KEY FEATURES IN ALPHA
- Chernarus – 230 sq. km chunk of post soviet state, featuring deep forests, cities, villages, abandoned military bases, and more..
- Up to 40 players per server – Rich server / client architecture developed from scratch.
- Persistent player profile – Key player data is persistent across all servers.
- Inventory – Combine various clothing items, equipment and carry all of the items that you will need to survive the harsh new environment in the open and intuitive inventory system developed to answer the needs of crafting and character customization.
- Crafting – In the apocalyptic world of DayZ, resources are sparse and every useful bit should be utilized. Items or equipment can be improved, turned into something else or fixed using the new crafting mechanisms.
- Weapon customization – Use customizable firearms with authentic ballistics and weapon characteristics as well as melee weapons to protect yourself against all the dangers a survivor may face.
- Customizable clothing – Customize your survivor with a multitude of new clothing items that can be scavenged from the remnants of civilization, which provide various degree of protection against the elements, infected, and other survivors.
You can get it on steam.