Sick and tired of waiting for Bioware to release DLC for DAI? Wait no more! By watching the specially created Dragon Age: Inquisition videos and discovering hidden elements in them, you can unlock a bonus weapons pack to use in the game!
The Quest for the Red Lyrium Reapers is a minigame available on the Dragon Age: Inquisition website. Completing the game will unlock the Red Lyrium Reapers Weapons Pack promotional DLC for Dragon Age: Inquisition.
In the game, character trailers for Vivienne, Iron Bull and Varric Tethrasas well as the Inquisitor in The Breach trailer are played. Afterwards theInquest version of the trailer will become available.
Throughout each inquest trailer are 3 hidden Inquest Elements which must be located and clicked on. The elements appear as a small field of green mist hovering over a part of the screen.
Each time the player clicks on a hidden icon, an image from Dragon Age: Inquisition and audio of a codex entry will play. Once all 3 hidden elements have been found in the trailers for Vivienne, Iron Bull and Varric, the Breach trailer featuring the Inquisitor will unlock.
How does it work? Follow these steps below and you’ll be well on your way!
1. Begin your quest by clicking here from a desktop computer. Make sure that you’re logged in to your Origin account. You’ll need to do so to save your progress and acquire the weapons pack at the end.
2. From the quest home page, select Vivienne’s character card to watch the first video in the series.
3. Now that you’ve watched the video, you’re ready to move on to Vivenne’s Inquest, where your skills of observation come into play. The keys at the bottom of the page represent the number of hidden elements you still have left to find.
4. Did you find one of the hidden elements? Awesome! You’ll notice that one of the keys has turned into an image representing the item you’ve discovered. You can click on that item a little later on to revisit it.
5. Once you’ve found all three hidden elements, the Inquest is complete. However, your quest has only begun! To earn the Red Lyrium Reapers, you’ll have to achieve the rank of Knight by unveiling all three companions and the Inquisitor.
6. After you’ve completed all three character Inquests, the final feat is unlocked: the Inquisitor!
7. Congratulations! Only the most powerful and cunning of leaders has made it this far. Can you complete the final Inquest? For each hidden element you find during this phase, you’re one step closer to your boon.
8. Once you have completed this challenge, you will have earned the rank of Knight. We salute you, noble warrior!
9. To redeem your weapons pack, you will be prompted to log in to your Origin account. That’s it! The Red Lyrium Reapers will be waiting for you in Dragon Age: Inquisition. Maker be with you.
Ready to give it a go? Click here to begin your quest!
If you can’t find the items you unocked by completing the browser-based minigame, here’s a post from Bioware website FAQ article detailing the weapon pack claim procedure:
1. Acquire Skyhold.2. You will find a quest in your Journal called “Rune Crafting” (under the Skyhold Category), and will be instructed to visit the war table to recruit the arcanist.
3. Visit the war table and select the “Acquire the Arcanist” operation from the top-left side of the Ferelden map.
4. Complete the operation and exit the war room.
5. Visit the Undercroft, where the arcanist will be present
6. With the arcanist acquired, the Red Lyrium weapons will be available in the special deliveries chest, also located in the Undercroft.