Arma 3, will be the latest installment of the tactical military simulation game from independent developers Bohemia Interactive (slated for release Q4 2012), creators of the award-winning military-simulation series ARMA. You may have heard of not only the ARMA series, but also the game that started it all, Operation Flashpoint. No, I’m not talking about that silly spin-off but rather the amazingly realistic, versatile, and waaaaaaaay ahead of it’s years game. Don’t believe me? Check out the trailer target=”_blank”>here. I mean, you could command a whole battalion in this game, you could scan your face, and your soldier would have a 3d map of your face, I. shit. you. not. Back in the day, this game is what LAN parties were made for. Well, anyways, back to the present….
Here’s the run down on ARMA 3:
Tensions rise as NATO and Iranian forces stand-off in the Aegean: the strategic fault-line between crumbling European influence and a powerful, resurgent East. But when a key radar facility drops off the grid, a Greek flashpoint risks escalating into global conflict.
Caught up in a situation beyond their control, a botched withdrawal traps men of the US 7th Infantry Division and a clandestine group of UKSF operators in a fight for survival. With only a crippled local resistance to turn to, they must rapidly adapt to overcome an unforgiving environment and defeat a brutal enemy.
- Defeat your enemy on a richly detailed battlefield modelled from real-life geographic data – stretching over 320 km2 of Aegean island terrain.
- Deadly Weapons & Vehicles
- Engage in an unsurpassed military combat experience: master a diverse range of authentically simulated aircraft, vehicles and ships; choose your gear, customize your weapon, step up to the war.
- Navigate the battlefield with fluid new animations; feel the devastating power of combat with the upgraded sound engine, new ragdoll simulation and PhysX™-supported vehicles.
- Evolve from hunted prey to military commander in the varied, gameplay-driven, singleplayer campaign.
- Pick a side, form a squad and team up against your enemy in massive competitive and co-operative battles on multi-platform dedicated servers.
- Content Creation
- Design your own missions, campaigns and scenarios with the powerful mission editor; join
- our massive community and share them for others to play.
Click here to see some pretty slick screen shots.
via: http://www.arma3.com & my wonderful memories