Company of Heroes (New Steam Version!) boasts some mighty impressive custom maps that are all user created. It’s pretty easy to set up if you know what you’re doing, so here’s our XP4T simple guide.
- Open steam
- Go to your “library” tab
- Right click “Company of Heroes (New Steam Version)”
- Go to “Properties”
- Go to “Set Launch Options”
- In the “Set Launch Options” window, type in “-dev” (Make sure there isn’t a space before the minus symbol, and don’t use the quotes).
- Download custom maps: You can get a bunch of custom maps on Filefront or here on the steam forum.
- Unpack the custom map packs that you’ve downloaded
- Place the custom maps in your map directory (This may vary!) C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\my games\Company of Heroes Relaunch\ww2\scenarios
This works for all of the other Company of Heroes versions as well, just change the launch options for the game desired.
Additionally, it has to be stated, that IF you’ve enabled the “-dev” option, then you can only play with other players that have done the same!
Also, if you want to get fancy, you can also add “-nomovies” in the “Set Launch Options” and you’ll automatically skip the intro movie, just make sure you put a space after the “-dev”, so if you do both, it should look like this_ -dve -nomovies” Good luck soldier!
EDIT: A lot of CoH steam players have been having some major issues. Apparently custom maps make the new steam version of CoH crash! There is a work around though :)
Try deleting temp.rec which islocated in C:\Users\*****\Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes Relaunch\playback