Prison Architect is an upcoming PC title made by the British software company Introversion Software. The alpha pre order has been out since September 26th 2012 and there’s been regular updates every three or four weeks. The game was an entrant in the 2012 Independent Games Festival.
The most recent build, Alpha 4 has just been released, here’s a list of the changes:
- Fog-of-war overhaul: Areas hidden by fog-of-war are now rendered in darkened greyscale instead the solid roof effect
- Walls, floors and Static objects under fog-of-war remain visible but greyed out.
- Guards and CCTV now have a longer view range
- The Chief has a long view range
- Workmen, Cooks and Doctors have a shorter view range compared to guards
- The game is now more permissive when loading corrupted saved games. It will no longer crash. Errors in the save file will be reported to debug.txt.